Sunday 2 March 2014

Hello possums!

I anticipate - perhaps foolishly - having proper broadband tomorrow so I thought I'd make a last post on the tin can and piece of string connection. Standby for another post in a couple of days complaining that I am still bereft. I was meant to have a bed by now, but it came, couldn't be put together and was taken away again. Why should BT perform any better?

Anyway, on the cultural front one event stands out above all others - I have been in the presence of Dame Edna Everage. She was, as one would expect, simply brilliant; what a woman.




I simply cannot remember the last time I laughed so much and one can only look at the 80 year old Barry Humphries in awe and astonishment.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure that BT will serve you admirably -- whatever else you do, on no account must you ever phone their Broadband Support line, or all your health insurance is immediately null and void.

    Your off-line period has meant that i was disappointed that you could not contribute to my commemoration of Mr Bone's proposal for Margaret Thatcher Day, but no matter - perhaps he will try again next year.

    ReplyDelete