Saturday 9 February 2013

Re-enactors

There are some English Civil War re-enactors marching around noisily outside my apartment at the moment. Possibly it would be more accurate to say that they are marching around outside the Royal Armouries as I certainly didn't organise them.

The noise comes from the drum, not from the numbers

The photo was obviously taken from some distance (in this case the balcony of my sixth floor bachelor pad), but then that is the safest place to be when re-enactors are involved. This bunch are obviously not as bad as the truly dreadful Star Wars stormtroopers from a few weeks ago, but nevertheless shouldn't be approached too closely.

So, I hear you ask, were there re-enactors at Vapnartak? Now I know that you are keen, indeed desperate, for my review of that event, but please be patient. Anyway, there were. I think that they were some sort of dark ages types, but I'm not sure because I hurried past with my gaze averted in order to avoid any risk of making eye-contact. I recommend that as a useful tactic if one can't maintain a sufficient vertical gap. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment