Friday 18 September 2020

Oh Oh Domino

 "You may get disgusted, start thinking that I'm strange" - Van Morrison, Domino


I have always believed in the power of music - and envied the ability of composers, musicians and singers - to convey emotions such as love, desire, lust...["OK, calm down, there are plenty of other emotions, you know." (*) ] ... but have never seen its strength as being the explanation of the principles of infection control. So, despite being a huge fan of Van Morrison, I have let his recent rantings about face masks rather pass me by.


"Take off your mask and drink your milk"

I am still, other than in medical situations, rocking a bandana, and have been a bit surprised not to see more of them about. At first, when people commented, I would reply "If it's good enough for John Wayne, then it's good enough for me.", but when it became apparent just how old people had to be before they had even heard of Wayne I quickly stopped.


Should I ever adopt a more straightforward facemask then I shall be sorely tempted by those available from the Royal Armouries. The tosei gusoku has a certain something about it.


* Actually I didn't

1 comment:

  1. So it turns out Van Morrison is a bit of a grumpy old soul - who could have ever thought it? I'm shocked, and stunned. Stunned, and shocked..

    ReplyDelete