Wednesday 9 September 2020

Pot99pouri

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."
 - Henry David Thoreau


I have been laid low with a virus - thankfully a different one to the one everyone else has - and, to preempt your question, I have no idea how I could have picked it up given the current restrictions on doing anything that makes life worthwhile. Laid low is the precise medical term as my balance has been all to pot; it was all rather unpleasant, as was the treatment, which involved drugs being blown forcefully up my nose. Anyway, mustn't grumble.

I'm not sure if it was the illness or just the general lying around, but I have been experiencing vivid dreams. After the latest I woke up with the thought in my mind that it was odd how many of those that I had played wargames with I had also seen perform on Top of the Pops, added to which notion was a mental image of Tim Tennant playing the drums. I did wonder if the rock music element of the dream was in any way related to the drugs up the nose situation, but that's just speculation. Anyway, getting back to Tim, I appreciate that very few of you will have met him, but as far as I am aware he has never actually been a member of a popular beat combo. However, were he so to have been, I think it highly plausible that he would have been found in the rhythm section. I am therefore going to count this episode as a demonstration of the mysterious truths that we would find in our dreams if we only knew how to look. 


Tim displays his brushes to good effect

Perhaps it's time I got round to re-interpreting the one with the harem and the raincoat.

No comments:

Post a Comment