Wednesday 25 November 2020

Napoleonic Siege Artillery, a modest recrudescence

 "We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done."

 - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


It's a good job that there is no form of audit for wargaming blogs, because the overall ratio of things promised to things delivered would probably shame even the current prime minister. I thought that I had avoided this trap in a recent post when I blithely said that nobody made any 20mm Napoleonic siege artillery and therefore I wasn't going to do anything further on the subject. No sooner had I written it than something began to bug me. Somewhere in my subconscious a distant memory was trying to rise to the surface. It has eventually done so and has led me to to Rod's Wargaming Website. Firstly, if anyone is unfamiliar with that blog you need to start by reading the 'About' page; quite a story. Anyway, the specific post that I had remembered reading was this one. So, a reverse ferret it is, and I think I shall take a look at what can be done after all.

The first step is to consult this book:


And this book:



2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is quite an impressive resume from Rod. He rubbed elbows with all of the first-rankers in the hobby.

    ReplyDelete