Tuesday 19 January 2021

The First Parallel

“A human being is a being who is constantly 'under construction', but also, in a parallel fashion, always in a state of constant destruction.”― José Saramago

Apart from my psyche the thing under construction in the Casa Epictetus at the moment is a siege game, which is perhaps a somewhat bigger undertaking than I first allowed for. Anyway, here's what I have so far:



The town walls are still not painted. Far from there having been any suitable spraying weather we had a whole heap of snow, during which I had to abandon my car and walk several miles home in a blizzard. Given that I'd been visiting the dentist it wasn't the greatest of days. Currently, courtesy of Storm Christoph, it's hosing it down outside and we're on flood alert. 




Also, as you can see in the photos, the fortress guns, siege guns and mortars don't yet have any crew. They do exist - indeed they were recently augmented via the Newline Designs January sale - but I haven't painted them; no meteorological excuse is available for this one.




The reason for setting it up in this shockingly incomplete state is to play out a couple of turns and see what bits and pieces I need that I haven't thought of yet. My conclusions will no doubt appear here in due course.




The game starts with the besiegers having completed the first parallel, and poised to press forwards.

3 comments: