Saturday 20 July 2013

Pot6pouri

  • I have been looking more closely at the casualty markers that I bought from Warbases at Triples. They are the smaller ones - which is why I bought them - and are numbered up to 6. Mysteriously though, the order of the numbers is 1,2,3,4,5,0,6. No wonder they were on special offer.
  • Miniature Wargames - the verdict on the changes? I'm not that impressed. The graphic design is better, but that's basically down to having black print on white pages rather than white print on black pages. I don't think you had to be a genius to work that out. Otherwise the relaunch seems to entirely consist of Henry Hyde getting his dull mates to write dull articles. I don't know what wargaming universe this Shuck bloke lives in, but it bears no resemblance to mine.
  • Brentford 1 Celtic 2 - there's a score you don't see too often. I was in Glasgow last week and about the only shops airside in the airport were for the two football clubs. At 10:30 in the morning I was walking along Sauchiehall Street and outside a kilt shop I saw a woman drinking Special Brew from a can. It only needed a deep fried Mars bar and the scene would have been complete.
  • I was having dinner in a country house hotel outside Birmingham a couple of days ago and a helicopter suddenly landed on the lawn in front of us. The waitress happened to be serving us at the time and my companion for the evening asked her who it was. "Bruce Springsteen" the waitress replied confidently. It wasn't.


No comments:

Post a Comment