Sunday 3 January 2016

Events of the year (slight return)

My review of the year for 2015 passed unmarked except for a kind word from Tony Kitchen and a thumbs up from the big, bouncy woman herself. However, after a period a period of reflection and self-criticism I must add two honourable mentions to the previously published shortlist for event of the year.

The first was winning MS Fwa's mug competition, a rare moment of success in an otherwise under-achieving twelve months. The second is slightly more random; I nominate the occasion when a van driver knocked on the front door of my house and asked me to accept delivery of a coffin because he couldn't get any answer from the undertaker next door.

Here's some music that's as old as I am:




3 comments:

  1. My oversight has been corrected. "No answer at the undertakers?" That is a classic! There are jokes a plenty buried therein.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confess that I had to beg Foy for a mug until he had pity on me. It's a fine mug.
    My New Year's Resolution, and it's my only one, is to read your blog more often. I just noticed your old post on Old School Wargaming served up in a Featured Post sidebar and it was terrific, especially the bit on Nazi Martin H.
    Cheers,
    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I can't promise that the philosophic muse will visit terribly often. Or the wargaming muse come to that. But if the dull and irrelevant muse is your thing then you've come to the right place.

      Delete