Friday 27 March 2020

Pot93pouri

Someone has been sent to the blog by Bing after keying in 'Yellow Ribbon Wargame Rules'. Unfortunately the particular post it sent them to is all about opera. I do hope they weren't too disappointed. I shall have to investigate those rules; presuming of course that the title is based on the  the song I'm thinking of.



Speaking of wargames rules set in North America, Miniature Wargames has a cover feature on the Mexican Revolution so, despite my lack of interest, I bought a copy. There are some very nice photos of 54mm figures owned by the author of one of the books on the subject that I featured here recently. Respect is certainly due to whoever converted and painted them all. The article rather annoyingly refers to a home brew rule set and then is itself instead based on a heavily amended version of 'Black Powder'. Still, there are some intriguing ideas for those intending to do the period at some point - which I am not - and it will go in the file.




There have been some nice comments left regarding the pictures taken in my new lightbox, for which I thank you. The question which no one has been rude enough to ask is why I painted all this crap in the first place. The simple answer is that prior to divorce, homelessness, and subsequent acquisition of the wargaming annexe I never hosted any games. Starting to do so has concentrated the mind a bit and subsequently I have to a large extent concentrated on things actually needed for the scenarios that I wanted to put on. Before that the process was the real focus; I simply did whatever I felt like doing. If one isn't going to use them in a game then painting yet another battalion of French Napoleonic infantry doesn't really stir the imagination in the same way as a heretic about to be burned.




You may notice a bit of a family resemblance between the apostate above and the chap - presumably an ancestor - who was being held captive by the Celts.

Let's finish with some more music about yellow ribbons:



1 comment:

  1. She wore a yellow ribbon is one of my top ten films I think .

    ReplyDelete