Friday 2 January 2015

Pot36pouri

"And anyway the snow has covered all your footsteps
And I can follow you no more" 

  • I have been to Bournemouth. It was freezing cold and blowing a gale; it was just like being there in mid-summer in fact.
  • There was a double dose of boardgaming this week, featuring Ice Flow, Gloom, Istanbul and Castles of Mad King Ludwig. I didn't win the first (a noteworthy event in itself), didn't like the second (not helped by the pub being somewhat, er, gloomy thus making the cards unreadable) and won the last two with - if I say so myself - some nifty play. It was the second time that I have played Istanbul and my previous high opinion of it was confirmed.
  • My car has failed its MoT. It's not all bad news though, because it only cost me several hundred pounds to get it fixed sufficiently to pass the retest. Bargain.
  • The change of year requires me to review the old year and look forward to the new. I shall start here:


No comments:

Post a Comment