Saturday 31 January 2015

We will, we will....

Well, it's a been a disappointing week all round; indeed on first reflection the most exciting thing I could think of was that I had bought a wok for £1.50. However, further thought reminded me that there was the sweet soul music of the Solicitors (the capital letter being rather important in this case) plus some boardgaming at la Toison.


First up was 7 Wonders which I played for the first time with the full complement of seven people. It is a cleverly designed game in the sense that it doesn't really take much longer however many players one adds. That's all I have to say about it and I couldn't see why everyone says that the Tower of Babel expansion improves things so much. Mush!Mush! was as much fun as usual; we played for the first time with the buildings and they seemed to work well. Then I finished with a couple of card games: Family Business and Hanabi, in the latter of which we once again failed to organise the firework display.

Otley in the snow

The game chez moi was once again cancelled due to bad weather which gave me the usual chance to work out that I was short of the necessary figures. I don't actually have any Wars of the Roses cavalry and needing some for the scenario laid out for a run through of 'For, Lords, Tomorrow is a Busy Day' I have substituted some Imperial forces (as in Sigismund's crusade against the Hussites). However, their light cavalry are of the Cuman horse archer variety and don't work at all. I have therefore invested in three sets of RedBox Scurrers. I'm not so keen on the axe wielding figures as light cavalry, but the others will do nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment