Tuesday 18 December 2018

Inguinal discomfort

"The chapter of knowledge is very short, but the chapter of accidents is a very long one." 

                                           - Philip Stanhope, 4th Earl of Chesterfield


Your bloggist's exercise bike has once again had its revenge and he has managed to injure himself in a manner guaranteed to interfere with his normal lifestyle. I wish that I could tell you that this was likely to result in a reduction in the pile of unpainted figures, or in anything constructive happening at all; but I can't.


"What on earth could be more luxurious than a sofa, a book, and a cup of coffee?...Was anything so civil?" 

                           - Anthony Trollope

3 comments:

  1. I've heard the best policy with regard to exercise bikes is to leave the seat on, but I may have got that the wrong way around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very much the type of sympathetic response which I was hoping to elicit.

    ReplyDelete