Monday 10 June 2013

Pot2pouri

On Wednesday last week James and Peter were kind enough to praise my blog, Peter even going so far as to describe it as 'erudite'. Naturally since then I have had complete writer's block. However, I have begun to experience a gradual rising of my mojo so here we go again. But first, James has complained that I only showed a photo of Peter in my game report. To redress the balance here is one of James ready to take the initiative.
 

There have been some other things of note:

I went to see 'Behind the Candelabra' which has mysteriously only been released in cinemas outside of the US. Now I'm not saying that this because we Europeans are more sophisticated than the Yanks, but, er, well yes I am actually. I suspect that Americans are not yet ready to face the awful truth that Liberace was not only (plot spoiler) gay, but also (another plot spoiler) wore a wig. Anyway, Michael Douglas and Matt Damon are both excellent, but their thunder is stolen by Rob Lowe as a truly scary (and scary looking) plastic surgeon. For Leeds residents only, the bald version of Liberace looks just like the chap who sells the Big Issue outside HMV.

Presumably US citizens have got other things on their minds at the moment, having woken up to discover they are living in a police state.
    • "I told you so."
I went to see a band in the pub who weren't the usual dad-rockers. This bunch were quite young and, whilst a covers band, took it all very seriously; and any band that finishes with Paranoid and Ace of Spades is OK with me. They did a fair enough version of Gimme Shelter which reminded me that it is almost exactly 40 years since I saw the Stones open with that at the Empire Pool, Wembley. Bugger me I'm old.

No comments:

Post a Comment