Sunday 30 June 2013

G-L-O-R-I-I-I-I-I-A!!

There is a children's funfair outside my apartment as part of the Leeds Waterfront Festival and when they opened at 11 o'clock this morning the CD that they played was the Best of Van Morrison. The children of Leeds must have very well developed musical taste if that is what attracts them to roundabouts and bouncy castles.


Playin' a new game,
Laughing and a running hey, hey
Skipping and a jumping

And what about the Stones at Glastonbury? Rather good I thought; Midnight Rambler being a particular tour de force. But, 2000 Light Years From Home? Why?

This afternoon/evening saw a record turnout for boardgames at the White Swan. I played Love Letter, Ice Flow, Vineta and Guillotine thereby effecting a nice balance between card games and boardgames proper. Others played an awful lot of Dominion (a nice mechanism in search of a game) and K2 which I rather liked the look of and would like to give a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment