Wednesday 26 August 2015

Your questions answered

 I have found it easiest to collect all the questions received from readers and answer them in one post:
  1. I did know that the story about George Brown isn't actually true. Surprisingly enough, many things on this blog should be taken with a pinch of salt. Indeed, even when it comes to wargaming the only facts contained herein which you can truly rely on are that Peter will roll lots of ones, that James will change the rules half way through, and that no one will ever be able to agree on the definition of a flank attack.
  2. I did not know that carved mice by Mousey 'Bloody' Mouseman could be found absolutely everywhere. I am now considering writing the definitive guide to places that they aren't; which obviously won't include Peter's house.
  3. 'love is more thicker than forget' is not a grammatical error; it is a quote from e.e. cummings
  4. Ælfric's warning came in his introduction to the homiletic writings of Archbishop Wulfstan.
  5. Alan Bennett is still alive. (I know, me too.)
  6. K.T. Tunstall was born on June 23rd, 1975. (I know, me too.)
  7.  Потому что я претенциозный пизда
  8. a) Mind your own business, but see Robert Crumb's cartoon as a reference point. b) A courgette, a marrow, runner beans and some rosemary..Oh, and some Italian espresso coffee beans, but no octopus.
  9. Belgium, again. Or, to be more precise, again not.
  10. Job Chapter 19 Verse 23 

No comments:

Post a Comment